Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm back.

Ok, I never actually went anywhere, except, I am on my way to crazy! :) I can't believe that it has been over a month since I last had a decent post. Why is it that my life just keeps going faster and faster. I thought for sure after the holidays were over I would slow down, it never really does though. I have to say that for that I am actually quite grateful. As long as I'm busy it means I have people to care for, people who care about me, places to go, work to do and a project in the works. Have I mentioned I love projects?


Speaking of projects, let me tell you about our most recent one. The day after Christmas my wonderful Brothers-in-law and our great friend Doug came over and helped Doug frame a couple of rooms in our basement. Doug worked his tail off to get the wiring done. Then his wonderful brother-in-law, Ryan, came up (two different days) from Salt Lake and helped him sheetrock the ceilings. Now, my craft room is almost done!!!! We have the sheetrock taped & textured. The peg board hung on all the walls and painted, the bead board is painted and almost all up. The electical is all done (except one thing might not be working) and I have my new HUGE (6'x6') bookshelf all set up and ready to go into the room! I am so excited! It is a small 7'x12' "bump out" that is under our dining room and it is wonderful! It is going to be bright and fun and Dr. Seuss. (For those of you who don't know, I've had a love of Dr. Seuss for a VERY long time and I'm so excited to finally get to incorporate him into my house.) Maddie and Katie were great helps with the paint, Bevan tried but he was not as helpful! Notice the lights- "1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish." :)


Along with this new project I've been taking an on-line class called Get Organized and Be Inspired. It is a wonderful class! It goes along with a book called "The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker" that Doug got me for Christmas. I'm so excited to get all my "stuff" organized so that I can really be productive. I have not scrapbooked much for a whole year due to the fact that everything has been in total disarray. Anyway, one of the assignments for my class was to make a scrapbooking mission statement. (picture of "S") It was really fun to think about why I started scrapbooking and how those reasons have changed now. Also, it was great to figure out what role scrapbooking plays in my life. Now, I'm wanting to get scrapbooking again, but I am trying to be patient since everything is boxed up and inaccessible until the room is finished. But I am having faith that the room will be done this week!


Oh, btw, the other room we are working on is a new bedroom for the girls. Bevan has been quite roomless so we are trying to move the girls out of their room and into the room downstairs. Our goal for this is around the first of March. (I don't know if Doug knows that's the goal, but it is!)

3 comments:

Georgana Hall said...

I'm so excited for you steph! the "s" is so cute and I love the colors! Good luck - that's a huge project.

Robyn said...

What a fun project. The S is so cute and what a great reminder to have. You'll have to post finished pictures, and some of your latest scrapbooking layouts after you move in. I've become addicted to the digital scrapbooking-not quite so 3-dimensional and pretty, but not near as messy. I'll post some layouts for you to see.

Andrea said...

Hi steph...It is andrea. Wanted to say hi. I have just entered the blogging world. This is so much fun. I love your blog, and seeing what you are doing in your house. I wanted a way for my family to see my kids. Mine will mostly be about them, but if you check it out I guess you might find out a little about me. I miss you.
Andrea