This has been quite the week. On Tuesday I went in for a little "surgery" to get my kidney stone removed. I'm not sure why it's called surgery because there is no cutting, maybe it's because it requires sedation... It was suppose to be Monday but got put off until Tuesday afternoon. The Dr. went up through my ureter and into my kidney to remove the stone. The stone was bigger than expected so instead of just pulling it out he broke it up with a laser and then pulled out the bigger pieces. The smaller pieces were left behind for me to pass. I've spent all week dealing with that. It is really VERY painful, I'm surprised how painful it is. Doug has still been working the 12 hour days, 7 days/week so I've really had to rely on others- not easy for me, but necessary! My mom came and went to the surgery with me and stayed with me afterwords at home until she had to fly off to Virginia. My mil took the kids Mon. night 'til Wed. afternoon until she had to fly across the country too. The kids had a BLAST and Katie and Maddie got cute new haircuts! Then my sil, Juli, picked up the kids and let them play with her nieces and nephews until she had to leave them with Travis (yup, Travis was even nice enough to watch them). Alesa came up on Thursday and stayed with me and the kids. On Friday the girls went to the Richardsons and Bevan went to the Lewis's house. Thank goodness for all this wonderful help! I don't know what I would have done without all these wonderful people.
Today, I was feeling pretty good this morning, but this afternoon has been terrible! I hope it eases up tomorrow! We'll see. I guess the pain comes from the kidney and ureter being "bruised" plus I still have a stint in. Ahhhh, another learning experience... I'm finished with them, can I just say!?!
There was a very bright spot this week. On Thursday, Katie, Maddie, Dallin and Savannah decided to have a toy sale. They had a bunch of little toys (McDonald's etc...) and were even doing "Buy one get one free". Well, Katie decided that they wanted to donate the money that they made to Primary Children's Hospital. So, as they started telling people they were so generous. The kids ended up making $84 to donate to the hospital. I'm so proud of them. We will be making a trip to the hospital for them to donate that money themselves. (Alesa send me the picture!)
Saturday, June 13, 2009
What a Week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a crazy, painful week you have had. I hope you are feeling better soon. What great kids you have to be so willing to help out others!
P.S. We won't be able to make it on Monday--weeknights are hard. Dave works a 12 hour day and has a difficult time getting work off--especially at the first or end of the week. Tell everyone I said "hi".
I'm glad you had so much help! It sounds like the kids had tons of fun. I hope you feel better soon and I hope you NEVER have another kidney stone again...it sounds miserable!
Post a Comment