But busy! And I have to say, I actually like it! Although some days I just grab hold and hold on until the day is over, but I savor every minute! My sil, Leslie ,told me the other day that I'm never home when she calls, yup that's about the way it is!
I'll try in a quick way to wrap up the last few weeks. :) It's basically just a "travel log" so feel free to quit reading, but I want it for my own records.
Holly and Frank came to town on November 23rd, they stayed until November 30th. We had
such a great time! Lunch at Fredrico's, dinner at Callaway's, they went to lunch with Katie at school, and Maddie's recess. We ate Thanksgiving dinner with my whole family on Wed. night. Then on Thurs Frank, Holly, Mom and our little family ate another Thanksgiving dinner with fresh turkey, rolls and all the rest of the left-overs. Yum! I love Thanksgiving dinner! I even made Grandma Meikle's rolls (I'll do a separate blog about those later)- the first night they were TERRIBLE (like hard tack) after analyzing them and buying new yeast I tried again, SUCCESS!
such a great time! Lunch at Fredrico's, dinner at Callaway's, they went to lunch with Katie at school, and Maddie's recess. We ate Thanksgiving dinner with my whole family on Wed. night. Then on Thurs Frank, Holly, Mom and our little family ate another Thanksgiving dinner with fresh turkey, rolls and all the rest of the left-overs. Yum! I love Thanksgiving dinner! I even made Grandma Meikle's rolls (I'll do a separate blog about those later)- the first night they were TERRIBLE (like hard tack) after analyzing them and buying new yeast I tried again, SUCCESS! Friday morning we went shopping, but since we decided that there was nothing worth getting up at 4:00 am for we decided not to leave until 8:00 am. Unfortunately I still woke up at 4:30 (Doug got up and went and worked out at that time) and laid there in bed and wondered if I should have gone. :) We (Me, Holly, Frank, Alesa, Mom) went to Shopko, Smith's, Old Navy, Al's (twice), Hallmark, Motherhood and to Village Inn for a late breakfast. I was able to get new running shoes, work-out clothes, socks for all, and a few Christmas gifts. The shopping is fun, but really it's the most fun just being with everyone!
Friday night was our "Grandma" party. Every year my mom does a "Grandma" party. (The reason it's called a grandma party is because it technically is just for Grandma and the grand kids but the adults are allowed to come hang out too.) The kids and Grandma decorated sugar cookies, wrote letters to Santa, read a Christmas story and Santa usually comes and visits. Santa always brings ornaments for everyone and we all have to sit on his lap.
Saturday morning was Savannah's 7th birthday party at her Grandma Kandi's house. Yummy breakfast and great company! I decided I needed some exercise so I walked to Kandi's house, I didn't make it the whole way (8.5 miles) because Doug came before I got there, but I did go over 5 miles- not too bad!
Later Mom, Alesa and I went to the Novemberfest (a local craft fair) and I was able to finish up my Christmas shopping.
Of course all these fun days were also spent playing Phase 10, Kinder Bunnies and Killer Bunnies. Thanks all for a great week!
On the 30th is was "Doug" day at church (not really but it seemed that way!) He taught Gospel Doctrine, sang in the choir and spoke in Sacrament meeting. Like normal, he did a great job! He is so smart and doesn't ever seem to even get nervous.
Monday, December 1st, started the wonderful, crazy Christmas season! We decorated our trees and (part of the) house that night.
Wed was our ward Christmas party, Katie and Maddie both had parts in the program- Katie was a "star" and Maddie was the color "red", and I helped with the set-up.
Thurs. I went and did Dream Dinners to help us make it through the rest of the month.
Saturday I was suppose to go to Temple Square with our Young Women & Young Men but Doug's company part was that night so I didn't go. We went and had a yummy dinner at Hamilton's and I was able to meet the people who Doug talks about all the time. (Have I mentioned lately how much Doug likes his job?!?)
Monday (Dec 8th) we were suppose to go, with our friends the Orahoods, to Willard Bay
Tuesday the girls sang with Tavaci at a local retirement center followed by a LONG Young Women planning meeting.
Wednesday I had Enrichment meeting and my card club (which I had to miss) but Enrichment was fun. We went to three different houses and heard about their family traditions. Each house was decorated so beautifully and I even won a "story a day" advent tree.
Thursday was Katie's piano recital. She played Jingle Bells and O Christmas Tree and did an excellent job!
Friday night was Maddie and Katie's practice for their Tavaci concert.
Saturday was a VERY snowy day. I left the house at 6:30 am and when I came home at 9:30 am the car had more than 6 inches of snow on it! Crazy! It took Doug almost 2 hours to shovel our driveway and sidewalks. I was suppose to go to lunch with my good friend but we decided to wait for a less snowy day- hopefully that will happen at the end of the month!
All of this FUN stuff happened in addition to all normal things that always happen, dentist appointments, zones, piano lessons, guitar lessons, etc... I love December! Really, I do. I'm glad it's not like this every month of the year but it is fun for one month.
2 comments:
Girl you are busy!! BUSY BUSY BUSY. It sounds like you have had fun. It is fun to have a peak into your life.
I wish I could say that I enjoy being busy like that. I like to be busy, but I like being HOME and busy. I've had such a hard time trying to get into Christmas this year and I know it's because I'm hardly EVER home! You do much better that way than me. Good job Steph!
Post a Comment