Friday, October 31, 2008

Weighing In!

Ugh! 2.8 lbs. I can't believe how much harder it is this time!

Since I need something to celebrate, I am going to celebrate my abilities in Spin Class. Last competition, about 1/2 way through, we started going to spin class on Fridays before weigh in. When we first started I couldn't even make it through a whole class. I didn't even make it through a whole class that competition. The first week we went back I was able to make it through the whole class. I couldn't stand up (partly because of my knee- but mostly my body/mind) during the parts we were suppose to stand and pedal. But today, today I did the whole thing and I stood every time for the whole time that we were suppose to! Hooray! My body is getting stronger. I decided that even if I don't lose another pound (which I hope I do) I will be so happy with my body getting so much stronger and healthier. Now, to conquer that 5k. For those of you who are runners, when does it quit hurting? And when can I start breathing? I don't hurt while I run (other than I REALLY need new shoes) except for the breathing part and then I hurt afterwords. Is this normal? Is it worth it?

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Personally, I don't think the pain (when running) ever goes away or gets easier. I think you just get used to the pain :) Keep up the good work!

Life these days...... said...

Thats awesome steph! Good for you! Next week you will have a better week! (that's how it is on biggest loser anyway!??!?!) I'm proud of you!

leslie said...

Steph, you are doing great--SPIN CLASS! Now I really wish I lived by you guys--I love spin class, but can't seem to get motivated to go by myself. As for the running, the first mile ALWAYS hurts--no matter how far you can run. But then you find a sort of rhythm (a numbing sort of rhythm) and you feel like you could run forever. For me, once I can run 4 miles adding another .5-1 mile is no big deal as long as I am consistantly building. But getting to those first 4 is heartbreaking! Maybe Jaime is right about the pain getting easier-- you finally just concede to the pain--I know it sounds crazy but don't fight the pain (that takes too much energy), work with the pain--try and relax into the pain--you will become numb soon. That is when you will LOVE running.

The DeVito's said...

Congratulations! That's awesome your body is doing so much better. 2.8 lbs is still great!

Courtni said...

Don't say "ugh" to 2.8 pounds...that's great. Good for you with the spinning -- I've always wanted to try, but never dared :-)

Mama C said...

Steph you are really inspiring. I love reading what you are up to.

Krysta said...

Great job on the spinning class. I'm glad you are finding things to celebrate! You should still celebrate and be proud of 2.8 pounds...keep it up! :)

leslie said...

Steph, I sent out an email about setting a date for a family party, I don't have your email address--ask doug to forward it to you--you need to respond.

Andrea said...

Awesome. remind me to share with you my little poem about only one pound. It wil make you happy for every little pound you loose. You are doing great.