What's my favorite holiday dish. Hmm, we don't have too many "Traditional" foods that we eat. Our traditions keep changing as we try to make time to be with everyone who we love to spend time with on Christmas. Of course I love the turkey that we eat on most Christmas Eve's. For years now we've had "Monkey Bread" on Christmas morning. Yum! This year we need to make 2 of them because we have been running out.
I have many
food memories from my youth. When I was young we would go to my grandma Meikle's house every Christmas Eve. Oh, I have such "warm" memories. She would always have her fireplace going. And we would get to drink hot apple cider out of her good china mugs. (I love my grandma's china so much. I wish I could get my hands on a pattern like it!) Then we would always have ham on a roll (with a mixture of mayo & mustard) along with macaroni shrimp salad. I can't think of that salad without thinking of my dad- he loved it! We would open presents from my Grandparents and cousins and we'd act out the nativity (a tradition I try to continue with my children, in some way). Every year my grandpa would tell us that he had set a trap for Grandpa. Thank goodness, he never did catch him, but santa never would never visit my grandpa! Then my uncle from Minnesota would call and report that he just got up and checked and Santa had already been there so we needed to hurry home so he could come to our house! Oh, it was a wonderful night, wonderful traditions. I was so lucky to be a child in my family!
Picture is from 2006 with Alesa's family.
0 comments:
Post a Comment