Well, first of all there are ALOT of problems with getting up at 5am, but the one that's bugging me right now is- I've got a bunch of phone calls I need to make and just because I've been up for half the day not everyone else has. So, I guess I'll wait until 9:00 to call.
Just so you know, I don't usually get up at 5:00. Usually I like to get up at 7:00 (or 8:00 if I can) but today I had to take Doug to work. How does he get up this early every morning? And you know what, he NEVER complains about it! What is up with that? If I had to get up at 5:00 every morning I would complain every chance I got! :)
I do have to admit that it is really nice to get up that early. I'm already dressed, face on, made breakfast for the kids, ate my breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, taken Doug to work, read all my blogs, did my BPS class stuff and worked on PTA stuff. wow! And that was all before 8:00am!!!!
Yesterday I invited a couple from our ward over for dinner. It was so fun! I never do this. It is too stressful to get my house clean, make the food taste good, etc... But I just felt like I should invite them, so I did it! Guess what. We had so much fun! They were so fun to laugh with and get to know better. Funny thing, he knew my Grandpa Phil from Spanish Fork. What a small world!
Bonus of having people over, my house is clean! Yeah! I do need to mop the floor and there is always the issue with the bedrooms but I'm not worrying about those until the girls' room is finished. Which by the way, is ready to paint! Hooray! Now, if I didn't have so much work to do. (You know my boss, she's such a slave driver!) ;)
Alright, that's about it. I'm off to do that work so hopefully I can work on painting the girls' room.
Have a good one!
Monday, March 10, 2008
The problem with getting up at 5am
Posted by Stephanie at 8:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! 5 am I'm impressed! I rolled out of bed at 9:00 this morning between the day light savings and the baby and my pelvis, I'm not sleeping much at night. Now get to work! :D
I decided that I don't want to do pastels so I'm gonna return it. I want to do bright colors.
5 AM! I'm impressed. Ever since having kids I've become a total insomniac and have turned from a morning person into a sleep whenever I can kind of person. I love the feeling of being up before the kids and having so much done.
How fun to have friends over for dinner! We need to do that too. We haven't done that yet since we moved and I know we need to. It is nice to wake up early after the fact, but so hard to actually do it. This time change has killed me and I know I'm going to be paying for it tomorrow too, because it's midnight right now. I'm in a groove though...these are the best hours to be productive...when everyone's asleep. Are you finishing rooms downstairs for the girls? Are you finishing your whole basement?
Post a Comment